Monday, January 3, 2011



Well it is time for the next installment of the fun and exciting adventures of owning pets. Yes....there are two dogs. We were lucky (I call it force and tricked) into bringing a puppy into our home in July 10. Not only a puppy but a chihuahua and now I have two dogs and both from a species that I swore I would never own but I wouldn't trade them for anything. They make me laugh on a daily basis. Now to introduce Chloe or what we lovingly call her.....get ready for it.....he/she/it. If you haven't guess or heard by now she is a hermaphrodite. Now if you are not familiar with this condition it means she was blessed with both male and female sex organs.

We have decided to keep her as a girl but the vet did say watch for "behavior" changes that may occur as she grows. What that means I don't know but I will keep you posted if there are any changes.

So when I first got Chloe I had a nervous breakdown. Seriously I would never get a puppy again. Although they are super cute they have to pee all the time and I mean all the time. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just let her go into a backyard but no no I have to go up and down three flights of stairs around 7 times a day so she does not pee on my floor. Now I know I can use the exercise but come on. And lets not forget about the nipping and nipping and nipping. Now if anyone has ever had puppy nip you....IT HURTS....they have tiny sharp teeth and they love to mouth things just like a baby. Now Winston and Chloe have been best of friends from the beginning. They love to play but my goodness are they jealous of one another. If you give attention to one the other one will come and beg for some attention.
Well this is just the beginning but I am done for tonight. More to come.......

No comments: